Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Meijer Trip

Here are my latest scores from the Meijer deals I talked about here!  I just keep going back!  Ha!  We ended up doing 4 separate transactions and rolling the $10 catalinas.  We got 16 boxes of Cinnabon cereal, 6 boxes of Eggo cereal, 6 boxes of Smorz cereal, 3 bags of Pops Mixit cereal, 8 packages of Keebler crackers, 3 Kool-Aid Bursting Waters packs, 2 24-packs of pop, 1 pack of Pop Tarts, and a 2-pound package of strawberries!

The trick is to make sure you have 10 Kelloggs items per transaction, use coupons to get the total down, then buy filler items (such as the strawberries) that your family would buy anyway to get the total up to $10 so you can use a $10 catalina coupon from a previous transaction and pay little to nothing out of pocket.  

An example of one of our transactions is this:

Bought...
4 boxes of Cinnabon cereal $1.25 each
6 packages of Keebler crackers $1.25 each
1 24-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper (filler to use $10 catalina from previous transaction)

Coupons Used...
2 $0.75/2 Cinnabon cereal (from the back of a box I'd previously bought!)
3 $1/2 Keebler crackers (from the 8/1 SS I believe)
1 $10 catalina from previous transaction (N/A if this is your first transaction)

Paid $0.76 
Received another $10 coupon off my next shopping order


$123.13 worth of groceries

Total out of pocket spent $2.02... Total dollars to spend on next grocery trip $10.00
PROFIT of $7.98!!!

I really, really don't know how I'll be able to beat this one!  But I know I'll still try!  Hope you have time to run out to Meijer this afternoon... Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment